Friday, June 17, 2011

Kidney-ville Next Stop!

I'm super happy this afternoon.  I went out for my Friday lunch with Shelly and when we got back the transplant coordinator had called.  You'll recall I recently had to pass the heart hurdle by having an angiogram.  Well, they had their meeting and I'm about to get my pager!  Once I have it it could go off at any time to tell me to get moving to the hospital in Toronto.  I know that there will still be a wait for that precious call, but this is a huge step to be wearing that beeper.  Cause for at least a minor celebration in my house!

This means that we need to have some bags packed, emergency cash for the kids, phone lists, etc. at the ready. I spent last summer in the hospital and praying to be sent home.  This summer I'm praying the opposite! Haha!

I made today's apple card because I wanted to use a stamp Shelly gave me that says "Sweet Thing".  She said she was 'enabling' me today because she had been to Michael's and bought me 48 12 x 12 Mademoiselle papers and several mini clear stamps. The light pink paper in this card (and the next card I'm posting) comes from the Mademoiselle stack.

This second card uses more of the same paper, sentiment stamp is JustWordz and the scooter stamp is one of the new minis.  I stamped it directly onto the paper and coloured it with markers.  I like the way it turned out.

This is an early post for me, but I had to share my beeper news and we have evening plans tonight anyways.

I hope you all have nice weekends planned.  Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. WOOT WOOT let's celebrate.....ya hoo....fantastic news girl...things are really happening in your end of the city...big congrats and hope you get that call soon...www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy!!! Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome news, Ali! I hope that page comes soon! I apologize for not visiting your blog much lately. I've been a pretty busy Anniebee. I'll try very hard to do better going forward; I promise! You're in my prayers.

    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!! I will keep you in my prayers! I hope that pager goes off very soon!!! :)
    -Lori Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete