Monday, March 21, 2011

Kennedy vs. Cards. Kennedy Wins!

The past couple of posts have been 'promotional' in nature so here I am, back to normal.

As is becoming the norm for me lately, I went out for awhile yesterday and paid the price with a pajama day today.  I was scheduled for a check in with the hospital today but my dietitian up and had a baby girl.  What nerve!  I'm actually thrilled for her to finally have a girl.  I don't know who is replacing her on mat leave so I'll wait and see in a few days who I'm to see. Things happened faster than she expected.

I had my confirmation package arrive from the Toronto General Hospital today.  Just another week and I'm packing to go down.  All I want to do right now is curl up and close my eyes.  I'll have to rest on purpose for a couple of days before the trip down or I'll never make it.  My daughter, Laura, is driving with me so no worries about me being too sick to make the drive back home.  The info the hospital sent me said I should expect to live in Toronto for 3 to 4 months following my transplant.  That sounds outrageous! ($$)  and the info I am getting from my nephrology unit here is that it should be 3 to 4 weeks.  I sure hope there's a typo in the Toronto stuff!  Please, Lord, let me get my transplant soon.

Meanwhile, back in reality, my bestie, Shelly is taking a special diabetes related nutrition course next week.  She is a nurse so she gets to attend neat seminars and she will take oodles of notes for me and we can discuss it all later over coffee.  She is one of THE best encouragers a patient like me could have. 

I think the baby on today's card ia adorable  She reminds me of my oldest daughter, Suzanne - when she was a baby of course.  I didn't use any die cuts on the card. Just my handy-dandy corner punch and a plastic stencil for the sentiment.  That was computer generated since I didn't have a stamp I liked for the card.

I am watching Kennedy right now.  Can't go to bed. Can't craft.  By the time hes ready for bed I know I'll be far, far too tired to make a card.  That's life.  Can't have what you want every day and I really don't want to miss a minute of time I can have with my little man.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Beautiful!!!
    LOVE the new card..zzzzz. (plural here, as I have missed a few postings) I've shown them to various people at work as well, and you get a multitude of thumbs ups and "Oh wow"'s :)
    I think that you have grown in the short time you have done this, but, I am not surprised. Your creativity has always been a boon to you, and the versatility you've shown over the years that I have known you in the variety of artistic outlets you've used only make you better at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love the cutie image! My thoughts and prayers are with you for the strength and healing you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable and I adore that polka dot ribbon! My fingers are crossed for you that all will turn out for the best real soon. Thanks so much for your continued inspiration - I have an award for you on my blog.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete