Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stop The Clock

I'm back to the land of the living today.  The week has been a downer so far and I really needed some alone time.  I felt like I could say something nasty without warning and when you feel like that, it's best to keep your distance and adjust your attitude.

Our two days of prep and tribunal did go well, I'm happy to report.  It did drain me though.  We finished at around 3:30 yesterday and I basically vegged in an armchair until bedtime.  Today - much better.  I've been downstairs making cards and enjoying the quiet and the fire burning.  No wonder - we're having freak weather.  Snow is not allowed at the end of April, but here it is.  My yard is again white.  It will melt tomorrow, but still....no fair!  So it's been the fireplace and Keurig's wonderful hot cocoa today.  The challenge for myself today was to make cards using up leftover paper.  This one used paper from 3 previous projects and a simple sentiment and frame from the Stamping cartridge.  After doing the easy peasy stuff, I got out some stamps and did some colouring.  All around good creative day.  As someone I know from Club Ruby has said I'm a "card making machine".  Not sure it was meant as a compliment, but yeah, I guess I do make alot of cards.

Kennedy spent his first night in his big boy bed (note the new Thomas bedding)  and all went well.  I can't believe he's getting so big.  They don't stay tiny and helpless for very long.  He and his sisters just went out to help me with groceries and he waved at me with a casual ...bye mom.  My daughters are adults and I can still remember them being tiny and wearing diapers.  Stop the clock, please!

I hope that wherever you are, the weather is better than ours.  If its not, I hope you are happily crafting and keeping cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment