Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dream a Little Dream

We say the words ``believe in your dreams`` so often that they lose their meaning.  The phrase sits on countless cards (including many I have made).  Believing is a choice and I have chosen to believe in my dreams. To not give up. For many people dreams are of comfortable retirement years, career plans, travel plans.  We all have a dream if we stop to think about it.

Mine is very simple, and I think understandable.  I dream of having a successful transplant and surviving.  I dream of leaving insulin pumps, glucometers, dialysis machines and solutions in the past.    I dream of brushing my teeth before bed and then simply curling up under the covers.  I want to wear a nightgown to bed and not be restricted by tubing and machines.  I dream of being able to drink as much cold water as I want.  I dream of being able to walk again.  I dream of taking baths or going swimming again.  I dream of being alive and healthy and active.

Dream a little dream!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying that those dreams will come true for you Alison! What a beautiful card and meaningful sentiment! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete