Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hospital Visit

Well, I went to the hospital today and I'm glad that I did. While I was there they drew blood and took care of my Eprex and then they gave me a little examination. I am, indeed, holding more fluid so the answer to that is to cut my fluid intake. Believe me, I'm not happy about that. I enjoy sipping as I work. The other thing - and it's the worst- is that I need to do more dialysis. So I still will do my 8 hours per night, plus sometime in the evening I will have to drain and refill manually, leaving the fluid in for just an hour. It won't filter the toxins as my nighttime routine does, but it should help drain the excess fluid off.

I'm very uncomfortable right now so if the extra effort drains better I guess I shouldn't complain. It's an ever changing balancing act to keep my fluids controlled, Nothing brings home the delicate workings of our bodies like this disease. I stand in awe of God's creation now that I understand more of the balance of the body.

I'm not sure yet that I'll be able to make any cards tonight, though I'm itching to do so. I thought I'd do this post now and hopefully pop back later with something to show off.

Happy crafting, and good health to everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your hospital vistit. I was complaining about the cold I have, it's nothing compared to you. Hang in there, I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the fluid you're retaining. I too am having my own struggles. Although not nearly as painful as what you might be going through. Keep your faith and all will work itself out.

    Natasha
    craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete