Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Dollar Store Notebook

Today was pretty darned nice out.  I was out with just a sweater and felt fine.

Yesterday at Bible Study, Ana gave me a lovely new cover from my tattered Bible.  I'm loving it.  So today I took a simple dollar store notebook and decorated it.  I'll have all my fancy new supplies with me when we start the new study next Monday.  It was super easy to do.  Far less involved than a mini album, although I do admit to gluing in a few pockets here and there.  I used what I had on hand as well as a couple of stamps, and tied a ribbon through the spine.  The photo is a little 'busy' but I even used a couple of A Busy Bee's sweet little stickpins.  I have my supplies ready to make stickpins myself.  A Busy Bee has a great tutorial on her site on how to make the pins.

I hope you all are enjoying some spring weather today.  Craft onwards!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. How hard was it to thread the ribbon all the way up thru the spiral binding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piece of cake. I just slid it through. A wider ribbon might have been tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your notebook is very pretty.....love the little flower pot and pins.

    Ali thankyou so much for the Blog award....what a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete